Cloanto has not only been pioneering the development of
customizable calculator client applications for Microsoft
Windows systems since 1998, but its SkinCalc calculator
software and skin add-ons, which have a dedicated web site
at SkinCalc.com, are
among the most popular downloads in this field.
The integration of powerful currency-related features
into the calculator makes it possible to deliver value-added
services, which can also take advantage of frequent
connections from the client to the server to fetch
up-to-date exchange rate data.
Euro Calculator are only examples of the
flexibility, diversity and services which you can tap into for your own
needs. After giving a look at these useful tools, imagine being able to create and redistribute
customized versions, with the look and feel, functionality and even the name
of the software which suits you best.
For Your Organization
Application and deployment scenarios include:
- Custom calculator for internal use, optionally connecting to an
intranet exchange rate data feed, with central administration.
- A free tool for your customers. Offer the calculator as a gift to
customers or web site visitors. The software can be offered for download,
or distributed on CD or other medium (it even runs from CD, without
- A free value-added service for your customers. Use the calculator as
the client of an exchange rate data feed service managed by yourself and
offered exclusively to your clients.
- Stay in touch with your customers. By providing a currency data feed
you can include banners and other information which is fetched together
with the daily exchange rates.
For Your Clients
As a designer or agency, you can expand your offering with the synergic
combination of a tool, service and medium:
- When you design a web site you can design a matching calculator
(same graphics, logo, etc.) to be offered as a free downloadable bonus.
- Additional customized skins can be offered for download via the same
web site, introducing a new element of interest.
- The calculator survives the occasional visits to the web site from
which it was downloaded, becoming a permanent extension of the site on
the end user's computer (objects such as Desktop and Start Menu links
and notification area icons are sometimes referred to as "Desktop real
- By introducing a one-click link back to the web site, the calculator
narrows the distance between the site and the end user.
- When used to offer a service (i.e. exchange rate data) which
requires daily updates, the calculator can become an active
communications medium, conveying a message (text or banner on skin)
together with each update.
- A new GIF, JPEG or Flash banner can be transmitted with each
exchange rate data update. Alternatively, permanent GIF, JPEG or Flash
content can be embedded in the calculator skin. If the Macromedia Flash
Player is not installed, the software can fall back to GIF or JPEG
The team behind SkinCalc has worked on numerous custom calculators which
have been distributed by major corporations and government agencies, and
which are used by millions of people. We work both with agencies and directly
We can deliver:
- Turnkey solutions inclusive of final redistributable setup file,
using either Windows Installer (MSI) or InstallShield technology
- Technical implementation of calculator skin based on complete bitmaps
or just examples (e.g. logo, web graphics and other existing artwork)
- Software translated into any language of the world, including
- Integration with
Currency System technology to add an exchange rate data feed service
to an existing web server.
In addition to the functionality made available via
skins, the software options which can be
- Default skin and ability to change skins.
- Name of the software and of the executable file name.
- Name and URL of the distribution entity (appears in About tab and when
clicking on link in skin).
- Initial welcome message, optionally displayed the first time the
calculator is launched. This text can be in any language, even
multi-language (based on Windows language).
- No currency support, support for EMU-only currencies, or support for
both EMU and non-EMU currencies. Support for non-EMU currencies
requires additional Currency Server
software on the server side.
- Support for base conversion (DEC/BIN/OCT/HEX operating mode).
- Presence of help tooltips on each calculator key.
- Grouping and sort order of currencies.
- Management of optional banner (position, size, data feed).
We will of course be happy to assist you with any special requirements
you may have. Site, worldwide and redistribution licenses are available. Please feel free to
for a quote or for additional information.